Wednesday, August 13, 2008

LHR: Alpha Restaurant, a late night option

After coming back from "On Anon", a club at Picadilly Circus, my bud and I were looking to grab a bite. It was around 1AM, and all of my haunts near the Hotel were closed. It was a Sunday, and maybe that had something to do with it...

Well, we got a tip from a streetcleaner dude, that Alpha restaurant was open. Sure enough, it was, and it was apparently getting a pretty good amount of phone in take-out orders. Maybe they've cornered the Sunday night late night hunger pang market.


Alpha restaurant is located a few hundred yards north of the Edgeware Flyover on the west side of the road (the Hilton side).

Address: 351A Edgware Road, Paddington, London,, W2 1BS (map)
Tel: 020 7402 4002 (Free Delivery)

The sign says they serve Pizza and Chicken, but I only saw chicken. And I didn't see anyone ordering the pizza, which ought to be a sign. I got a combo meal that included a chicken sandwich, a fried chicken piece (thigh), fried and a drink. The chicken sandwich and the fried chicken piece was actually quite nice. The fries were very tasty as well. There were huge squirt containers of mayo and hot chili-sauce stuff for you to create your own dipping areas on your styrofoam container thingie. The soda was one I'd never had before: Tango Apple Soda. It was unique and went well with the dinner (like a fine wine, I guess).

I give Alpha good marks, and it definitely fit the bill after hours when everything else was shut down. If you try the pizza, let me know how it is.

No comments: