Friday, June 5, 2009

LHR: Mandalay Restaurant

If you'd like to try a great little restaurant just up the road from the Hilton Metropole, then give Mandalay a try. It's an authentic Burmese restaurant that will treat pilots right! If you know nothing about Burma (Union of Myanmar), then this Wiki article will at least get you started. The cuisine is similar in taste to Indian

It just about a 8 minute walk from the Hilton. Go Northwest on Edgeware (under the flyover) and Mandalay will be on the right hand side, directly across from where Cuthbert Street T-bones Edgeware.

Here is a Google map:

View Larger Map

The service was excellent. They were very friendly and accomodating for the large crowd we brought (a gaggle of 7).

So, stop by and give Mandalay a try. You won't be disappointed.




Comfortable Seating for a nice crowd


They joined a couple of tables together to seat the 7 of us.


I forget his name, but our waiter was the classic good natured Burmese, complete with the great accent.


I forget what these are called, but they are a Burmese specialty. They are batter-fried veggies.


Sorry, I took this pic after I dug into the plate a bit. But it was absolutely awesome!




I told 'em, you can take my picture, just don't chop off the top of my head.


Me and the jovial waiter.


With full bellies, its now off the the Green Man for Karaoke!

No comments: