Sunday, February 22, 2009

NRT Airport Sushi

I've heard about the airport sushi place from a number of Narita veterans. It's located between gates 32 and 33 on the north side of the concourse. I'm not a sushi connoisseur, but this sushi is the best I've ever had.

There are many different plates you can get. The most common is the mixed plate, that has a good variety of sushi staples plus a spring roll. I've only gotten the mixed plate, as I like the variety, but I've seen other crews get just tuna (sashemi), and a vegetarian plate. Here's a pic,

Sadly, I took it after it was jostled around a bit on the walk to the cockpit, so the sushi does not look as pristine as it was when I first picked it up.
The mixed plate was 1000 (about $10) at the crew rate, which is apparently a good deal for sushi. If they are busy, it can take a while for them to prepare your plate, so you can have ops call ahead for you with your order. That'll save a few minutes.
They only give you two small packets of soy sauce, so if you want some more, just ask before you walk to the airplane. The wasabi mustard sauce packs quite a kick, so unless you want your nosehairs burned off with the reverse wasabi inferno, use sparingly at first.
Enjoy!

No comments: