Thursday, September 4, 2008

NRT: Flyer's Lounge

Stop on by the Flyer's Lounge for a great aviation themed getaway! The bar has the ambiance of a classic fighter pilot hangout, complete with chalk grafitti and aviation photos galore.

Apparently Flyer's has been a well known hangout for quite a while, but I happened to discover it quite by accident. On my visit to Papa's the other day, I noticed that on his little orientation map to find his place, it mentioned a bar called the Flyer's Lounge. Well, how could I pass up a name like that?

After dinner, I sauntered over and checked it out. I really liked what I saw and on my return layover (from Singapore) I talked my old buddy Steve Edgar into hanging out with me and grabbing the first cold pints of the night.

The prices were about average by Narita's standards. The TV's played continuous aviation related videos. There were a few crews in there already shooting down their watches, so be prepared with stories to tell...

Use the map below to guide your walk.

From the bus stop, take the overhead walkway and up a few escalators to get to the train station's street level. Exit the train station mostly straight ahead (maybe 20degrees left). Follow that road as it curves past the Japan Railway station and continue on it. The road is not as well lit as the other main drag, but it's a nice departure anyway. The Flyers Lounge is on the left marked by a street level lit white sign. Head on upstairs and enjoy!!

Tim




A Toast!




Bar Selection...




Me and Steve

No comments: