Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Backsack

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I just discovered the 'backsack.' This is turning out to be a really cool addition to the suitcase.

What's the weary traveller to do if you want to go out for a few hours of sightseeing and you want to bring along some extra stuff, like a bottle of water, jacket, maps and perhaps a camera and iPod. Enter the backsack. An ingeniously simple design that can be carried like a bag, thrown over one shoulder, or worn on your back like a regular backpack is. The ropes close the opening of the sack when pulled keeping the contents relatively secure. It's made of nylon so it's very lightweight and strong. It folds up easily and takes up very little extra room.

The backsack is also great for bringing stuff to the pool or gym for your workouts.

I had been on the lookout for a collapsable tote bag, but when I saw this with its ability to be worn on the back, it sold me.

Now here's the cool part. I got mine at Marshalls on special for $5. There were a lot of different colors available there at the time, but black is always a winner. I just have to accept the Nike swoosh ad.

It's came in handy on the very first trip I took it on...


Tim

No comments: